Monday, March 27, 2017

The Journey is the Purpose...

I thought I knew everything that is to life... the past few months have changed that perception of mine. It is true that I have gone through experiences that many in my age would  not have till now. The fact that what I have gone through has contributed to my growth as a person and increased my understanding about life and myself  is also true. But now I think I am still largely ignorant about life...and seeking to understand the purpose of my life..

Logic cannot define what happens in life. It is experiential and different for everyone. The difference is in the experience and the way each of us look at these experiences. I used to be of the view that our character defines how we face certain situations, overcome difficulties, handle people and basically live life. But where does this 'character' come from? What factors govern this 'character'? What does it comprise of?  Is it totally dependent on me or you as an individual separate from family, religion, or society??  From the time we are born we are molded, corrected according to what is 'acceptable', 'appropriate', 'expected'. We are made to create this box of our own beyond which we cannot venture... all our thoughts are they ours? Or are we just repeating what we have been conditioned to think is right.

But that does not mean living a life without values or principles, but what are the values that are eternal and do not change - I seek those values! Values that connect humanity - or may be that drive creation.

I have also been wondering about this concept of the collective human un/conscious how does each individual action get reflected into this collective and what does that mean when I think regarding the consequences of my action beyond my lifetime.

This journey is a journey of solitude and silence, reflection and rigour... It is also endless - eternal - The journey of the human being...seeking purpose.


No comments: