Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Troubles, Turmoil, Change and Me...


Yes!  I know this isn't the first time that I have neglected my blog. Its been more than two months since I wrote anything... Ideas have been there flying right, left and centre but its the same lame old excuse that I am going to give that there was just no time to sit down and write them down.

Too much of change and turmoil has been going on in life. Getting back to student life again after 2 and half years is not a joke as I recently found out. Now I can truly appreciate my classmates from Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Bangalore campus... Kiccha you rock man!!! :) My third innings at education is working out fine as of now. Moving from a pure management science perspective to a more social and political perspective is obviously taking time, but since I do not intend to choose sides, I can consciously evaluate the pros and cons of each.


Another learning out the experiences here is that it is not possible to keep everyone happy and I have realized that people love to complicate things rather than talk and simplify or resolve issues. And it is not necessary to be able to actually like or make them like you.  Its not important... and its best to maintain distance from people who are never going to matter in your life.Thus engage with them in a detached and unsentimental manner. Its best to chose carefully the people whom you give the power to be able to affect you whether negatively or positively... this is a selfish world and its best to learn that at the earliest than be sorry about it later!!


For the uninitiated and uninformed, I joined Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai for my second post graduation in Habitat Policy and Practice in June. Its been a whirlwind since then, new friends, adjusting to student life (the most painful part is money management!!!), adjusting to living within limited resources, roommates, hostel food, assignments.....aaaaahhhhhh!!! I am not sure if I have totally settled down even now but atleast the initial tempest has calmed now and I think I have found my footing...

Hopefully I would be able to write more often, because I genuinely miss sharing my thoughts and more than that the comments that you write to encourage, criticize...
So that is all for now....

Have fun...

No comments: